Assisted Living concept of care for dependent elderly is rising in India due to many reason, stating few are
- Increased interstate and intercontinental migration of family member,
- Disintegration of joint families,
- Inability to spare time with elderly due to family and personnel commitments of a primary family member.
WHAT IS ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY (ALF)?
An assisted living facility is a place for seniors who find difficulties in performing their day to day life and cannot live independently. ALF provides support services to elderly in bathing, dressing,medication administration, mobility and more. Under supervision of care managers, care givers,nurses and other support staffs, a resident gets a safe and positive environment.
WHEN SHOULD ONE MOVE TO ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY OF KADJI?
Assisted living is ideal for those who need some help in their daily lives and such elderly are more prone to risk of fall, infection, neglect ion, isolation, depression and anxiety if are left alone without any family member. If you are moving abroad/ out of state or country and your elderly finds difficult in coping with day to day living, one must think of ALF services of KADJI for safe and better living of your family member.
WHAT SERVICES ARE OFFERED UNDER ALF FOR SERNIORS?
- Family like atmosphere – you would never feel as if you are staying out of your house and are among stranger. You will find that people are friendly, open and honest.
- Fully furnished, well maintained, neat and clean rooms with twice a day room cleaning services. The rooms forms a unit (3 room = 1 unit) with Hall and dining area. Thus a unit is shared by 6 resident, making them a family of 6 person only. There are number of units in each care facility based on a structure of premises.
- Nutritious Food: Prepared daily, fresh under guidance of a diet specialist. The food offered is purely vegetarian and mostly Gujarati style food is offered, although based on the demand of our resident, a menu changes a little too.
- Physical activities: seniors are encouraged to be a part of physical activity routine such as a garden walk, visiting a temple, etc.
- Recreational activities: Our volunteers and recreational therapists engages seniors in different games such as, caroms, ball games, clay games, brain games, interactive sessions, music, etc.
- Weekly Medical check-up by a Doctor. And daily vital monitoring by a nurse ensuring a chart of activities. This chart includes BP, PR, Oxygen, Urine and stool output measurement.
WHO SHOULD UTILISED THE SERVICES OF ALF?
- Dependent senior elderly.
- Elderly staying alone with risk of medical emergency.
- Psychologically challenging elderly.
- Terminally ill elderly.
- Elderly with disabilities.
HOW WOULD YOU KNOW WHETHER YOUR SENIOR MEMBER IS WELL TAKEN CARE OF AT KADJI?
KADJI is well reputed ALF in the state of Gujarat. The organisation is a winner of reputed INDIA HEALTHCARE 2010 AWARD in the category of BEST ELDERLY CARE AND REHABILITATION IN GUJARAT. We would suggest you to create a rapport with a staff, stay communicated with your elderly and ask them if they feel safe and secured at the facility. That makes it easier to keep tabs on the care that a resident is receiving. Also, monitor your loved one’s behaviour and ask specific questions about the amount of attention they receive from caretakers.
WHAT HAPPENS IN EMERGENCIES?
KADJI has a qualified and experience Health officers on site. Most of the emergencies are handled by them. They communicate with Physician/surgeon if required. KADJI also has alliance with nearby ICU based hospitals if at all such services are needed. The families are later informed about incidences and if family member is easily accessible, their consent is taken before making any decisions on transfer to other hospital.
IS YOUR FAMILY MEMBER SAFE AND SECURE AT KADJI?
Every visitor has to pass through a reception and note down his visiting details. The facility of KADJI is supervised under CCTV monitoring for 24 hours a day 365 days a year. A night security ensures safety of residents at staff keeping the facility out of reach for any visitors.